We are so glad you're interested in the School of Worship. Currently, the school is on pause, and we are in a season of prayer for when to relaunch. Here's our recommendations for other SOW programs: in YWAM Herrnhut, Germany; YWAM Orlando, Florida; or YWAM Lakeside, Montana.
YWAM Tyler also offers incredible secondary school training with our School of Strategic Missions (SOSM) or our brand new Biblical Foundations for Transformation school.
If you would like to be kept in the loop about when we relaunch the SOW, please fill out the form on this page, and we’ll be in touch!
"Every DTS graduate should attend the School of Worship!" - Josh Langer, YWAM Tyler Worship Director
Here's why Josh is so convinced of this. We don't just want to experience God's presence, we want to be able to communicate it. The School of Worship at YWAM Tyler is about ...
Are you wondering if this is just a music school? Don't feel like your voice is good enough for leading worship? It's okay. The SOW is a school for everyone who loves the presence of Jesus and wants the nations to come and worship Him. We will spend some time focused on musical abilities and honing your skills, but let's be honest -- worship is more than just plucking a few strings on your favorite guitar or singing a great melody. Here's a little bit of the content in the course:
– Biblical understanding and application of worship
– Developing your identity in leadership and ministry
– Hermeneutics and homiletics
– Character and lifestyle of a worshiper
– Holy Spirit and the prophetic ministry
– Passion for Jesus
– Ministry unto the Lord
– Band dynamics, songwriting, and music theory
– Worship ministry in the local church
– Recording projects
– Basic audio and visual training
– Vocal and instrument lessons
Watch our promo video to learn more about what to expect in the SOW
You know this is the right training school for you if you desire any of these:
– Trained in leadership and excellence
– Equipped with inner security and strength, personally and in ministry
– Growing in their communication skills
– Discipled in biblical understanding and application of missional worship